"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Day 13: Final Day of "Rest"...


WEEK TWO – Lifting/Stretching Only

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Workout:
EASY ABS & CORE STRETCHING
                                Crunches – 1 x 15
                                Side Crunches – 1 x each side
                                Reverse Crunches – 1 x 15
                                Plank – 1 x :30
                                Iron Cross – 1 x 10 for stretch
                                Scorpion – 1 x 10 for stretch
                                Child’s Pose for stretch                                                                                

Notes:
End of the weights/abs for this week, and THE FINAL DAY OF REST FROM RUNNING! Which means tomorrow morning I get to put on running shorts, lace up my running shoes, and hit the roads for some sweet release on the gravel! I am obviously excited.
Keeping today short as the Olympics are in full swing and I want to go check some of the action. I had a great time last night with some friends at an Olympic Party in Omaha. Meghan and I represented Greece at the games (pictured below) we may not have been the most talented or skilled athletes in the competitions but we did win the Gold for best dressed.
Small things like this get together with friends are sometimes over looked; in our life we have been on the move from town to town a lot lately and seem to always be too busy with training, school, work to get out much and enjoy friends. Sad truth, but honest truth nonetheless. Last night, however, we made the trek to go see some friends and man was it invigorating, we certainly recognize the blessing that is found in friendship and value that, and hope to partake in more events down the road. (Hopefully find some of those close friendships in our new home in West Point as well)
I will struggle to sleep tonight as I am so excited to get out and run in the morning, it feels good to be excited to train, and even better to feel God’s movement in our lives. Meghan and I enjoyed a long, deep, purposeful discussion about God and some of life’s current events in our lives yesterday on the drive to Omaha, we pray that you would lift up these issues in prayer with us as well. God knows what they are. Thanks all. Be Blessed.
Meghan and I representing Greece at the Schaffer's Olympic Games Party for opening ceremonies!

2 comments:

  1. I'm training for the DM marathon as well. I found you on the TEAM 413 page. I have struggled with my weight for years, but began running (slowly jogging) and it has helped me lose. I have run/walked/jogged 2 1/2 marathons and one full marathon. I am super slow, but am trying not to damage my joints so I don't injure myself and so I can keep running once I'm at a healthy weight. I noticed you said your running training is just beginning this week. Most plans I've seen are 18 weeks. Do you mind sharing your running schedule/plan? I'm dealing with plantar fasciitis issues and am planning on running 3 days a week and cross training 2 days a week. I "started" 5 weeks ago but have had some real tough weeks and haven't gotten the miles in that I want/need to. Thanks for any advice you could offer! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherri, shoot me an email at maschn02@gmail.com, I'd love to give you aide in training. I have coached several individuals in similar background to you for half and full marathons, and would love to share with you in more detail via email. Be blessed!

      Delete