"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Day 6: Heart's Desire...


                WEEK ONE – Lifting/Stretching Only

Friday, July 18, 2012

Workout:                                                                                                                                                                                                             EASY ABS & CORE STRETCHING
                                Crunches – 1 x 15
                                Side Crunches – 1 x each side
                                Reverse Crunches – 1 x 15
                                Iron Cross – 1 x 10 for stretch
                                Scorpion – 1 x 10 for stretch
                                Child’s Pose for stretch                                                                                

Notes:
                     Today is just a very easy workout and stretch and tomorrow rest. When the running starts the weekends are where the heavy hitting from the week sets in so this light routine will suffice for the lifting/core strengthening side of training. I am definitely feeling sore this week, and am glad to be getting that soreness out of the way now. It’s been 14 days now since I last ran, by far the longest stretch I’ve gone without running, at least healthy; I’ve definitely sat out for longer periods with injuries. Just one week from tomorrow and I begin running again, excited to say the least, but know those first few days are going to feel awkward.
                     As I indicated yesterday, I want to focus on “inheriting what has been promised”. This is a subject I have gone over many of times in my mind, and with the counsel of others. The idea of being given what is asked for or inheriting what is promised through Christ. One thing I am certain on is that the inheritance of eternal life with Christ is bought and paid for by Christ and there is absolutely no question to that. But when I say that I have a strong since of promise in this upcoming marathon program, does that mean I know God will deliver in time the Olympic Trials qualifier I am seeking?

                     “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.” –Psalm 37:4
                I do not take faith in prosperity gospel, meaning I do NOT believe that because I believe in Jesus I will be granted riches and wealth or anything I deem as desirable as a man. However, when I read this verse and many others, I fully believe that through faith and service to Christ, whatever is the desire of my heart God will deliver that to or through me. And there is the key, through service and obedience to Christ, my humanly desires fade and the desires sent from God take center stage, these are the desires of the heart He is willing and able to deliver upon. So If I am obedient and take joy in serving the Lord, His desires for me become my desires, and thus are completed.
                I have long dreamed of running at the Olympic trials, loving and enjoying track had me always wanting it to happen on the rubber oval, but in the past 5 years or so I have felt a constant calling to the marathon. One which I somewhat dreaded as I know the pain and agony it will require to train and run a marathon at the level required to make the Olympic trials. I am now however committed to this, not because I feel it may get me to the trials, but because I know I have a feeling of being called to it by the Lord. May His desires become mine, and in that may the promise of scripture be fulfilled. Whether that be a trials qualifier or not, I pray I am just focused on His desires for me being my desires along the ride, and taking joy and hope in knowing that they will be fulfilled through obedient faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment