"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 14: Rejecting Doubt...


WEEK TWO – Lifting/Stretching Only

Sunday, July 29, 2012

WORKOUT:
EASY RUN
               10k – 41:18   (92* and 48% Humidity, 5mph N breeze)
                STRETCH                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             


Notes:
             IT FELT SO GOOD TO BE OUT RUNNING! Ok well to be honest the run did not feel so good, but being out running did. The heat bothered me toward the end of the run. I made the mistake of staying up way too late last night watching the Olympic coverage and was not able to get up and run before church. While that meant I had to run in the heat, it was nice to be able to head out for a run and reflect on the sermon right away though!
            Having just moved to West Point recently, Meghan and I found ourselves once again looking for a new church to plug into. We found one about 20 minutes away in the small town of Oakland, NE. It is very encouraging to have been greeted so friendly by a few members of the congregation. That is what church is, and that is what church lacks in a lot of places; open arms to strangers. That is what I lack in my day-to-day life as well, on the run I reflected more on this than the sermon in itself. How encouraged I felt to be welcomed with open arms, it made me reflect on my own actions. I am always willing to talk and be in conversation with strangers, but I RARELY if EVER am the initiator of these interactions. I take away from this day the need to be more vulnerable and open to greeting and offering myself to others, as opposed to waiting for them to first open themselves up to me.
          As for the running in itself, I am glad to be running, and am looking forward to the training. I recognize it is going to be a long battle, and have been immediately hit with doubt. Having receiver week one of coach’s program via email this morning I immediately began to question it and doubt my ability to accomplish what it assigns. After some email exchanges and searching of my heart, I know I must commit to this program, not question it, much the same as faith in the Lord. I trust God has placed me under the guidance of this coach and thus must commit.

“Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.”    -James 1:22-24


         I have faith in the plan and thus must not question it but MOVE in faith and hope, knowing God will provide what is needed throughout. I take full confidence in this statement founded and backed by many scriptures which indicate God advocates for those who seek Him. I know full heartedly then that if I MOVE in faith and fight off doubt and uncertainty, eyes focused on Truth, that God will deliver what He sees fit for me in all circumstances.

“Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him.”   -Isaiah 64:4


“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified.”   -Romans 8:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment