"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 3: Testing Commitment Early....


WEEK ONE – Lifting/Stretching Only

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Workout:
                Abdominal Strength Routine
                                Captain’s Chair – 2 x 12 (:03 holds)
                                Crunches – 2 x 15 (:03 holds)
                                Side Crunches (Straight Leg Lifts) – 2 x 15 each side
                                Hip Crunches – 2 x 15 each leg
                                Bicycle – 3 x 30 count
                                Heel Raises – 2 x 15 lifts and :10 hold finish
                                Leg Walk-Up – 2 x 10 each leg
                                Boxer – to exhaustion (30 count)
                                Scorpions – 2 x 10 for stretch
                                Iron Cross – 2 x 10 for stretch                                                                                

Notes: 
                Today was a true test of desire. After a long 13 hour shift at work running crazy and feeling completely wiped out when I got home, it took some coaxing to get downstairs and workout and not put it off a day. These are small battles that I’ve got to get in the habit of fighting and winning so that I can be consistent when the real training comes around.
                I searched for a verse to fit the day and have come across one I hope to meditate on throughout this training:

“Their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work                    – 1 Corinthians 3:13

I must remain focused in this truth that Paul speaks of. This verse is very convicting in that it shines light upon not just the labor but the intent or heart behind the labor. I can work as hard as I possibly can and if it is not in worship and of pure heart it will be of loss for the kingdom of God. Everyday that I commit to working hard I pray I am held accountable to this truth and my focus would be pure in heart, working for the Lord and not for man. In that there is no failure in the end of the labor, regardless of world’s view of the success of the effort.

4 comments:

  1. what a great verse. I am excited to follow you in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be Blessed Traci, I hope you take from my journal what is meant to be taken. Thank you for following along, the support is amazing, and fuel to get through!

      Delete
  2. Matt...I'm happy to be following your blog! As a former TNB athlete and always a competitor for Christ it is great reading such honest words about what training and competing can become and what they truly should be! I came across an app called Athlete's Blueprint which helps you find verses based on different struggles you may face as an athlete. If you can find it (i have it on iPad) I would suggest checking it out! Keep up the good work and I'm excited to see how your training goes and what God has in store for you! -Jeni Bozarth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeni, man did I miss you guys at Clubs again. I hope things are well for you both! I appreciate the words of encouragement! I don't have any fancy enough gadgets to get that app unfortunately, but that is awesome there is something out there like that to encourage athletes! Glad to have you following along in this journey! Be blessed!

      Delete