"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 2: Train to win the PRIZE...


WEEK ONE – Lifting/Stretching Only

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Workout:CORE/PLYMOETRICS WORKOUT

Planks – 3 x :30 Left/Right/Down (:15 rest between moves & :60 between sets)
Bird Dogs – 3 x :10 each side (:15 rest)
Back Extensions – 3 x :45 hold (:60 rest)
Swiss Hip Extensions – 3 x 5 each leg (:15 rest between sets)
Dumbbell Walkouts – 3 x :10 out / :10 back (:15 rest between sets)
Erect Lateral Bends – 3 x 5 each side (:03 down / :01 up) (:60 rest between sets)
Turkish Get-Up – 3 x 5 each arm (2:00 rest between sets)
Double Leg Hops – 4 x 3 hop for distance (:15 rest between sets)

Notes:                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Today I got after the core and plyometric workout. This is not necessarily stuff I enjoy and will struggle to stay dedicated to it, but I Will! I know the benefits in this to my training and performance as well as maintaining health during the program. These are the small things I have neglected my entire career, trusting more in talent than work ethic; the type of runner I do not want to be anymore. Not because I want to be the best runner I can be, but because I want to be the best son to my Father that I can be. As I said yesterday I recognize the gift and my desire is to honor the Gift Giver with my work ethic and effort.
                Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”
                                                                                                                -1 Corinthians 9:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment