"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Rebirth of the Runner

The sole purpose of this blog is to first and foremost hold myself accountable to why I train on a day-to-day basis. My heart's desire is to be a man seeking after God's own heart and the main platform I see in my life for this is through my running. I desire to live this out in the rest of my life as well but to be honest running is a rather significant part of my life, and I pray that by holding myself accountable to blogging about my day-to-day focus in training and lessons learned I will be able to gain a more pure and consistent focus on the Lord.
I hope that this in turn reaches out to others and opens eyes to the majesty of Christ and the grace and love He has shown me in my blessed life. I will be as honest as possible in these workout journals and pray my pride would not hinder my writing. I hope that in my failures God's grace will shine through, and in moments of achievement His majesty and righteousness would be on full display.
I hope to gain nothing of a personal basis from this as to who I am, but that in all God would show through.
Please pray for me and for this training cycle, most specifically for my focus on the Lord and consistency throughout. I have just begun the weight lifting training for my goal marathon on Oct 21st in Des Moines, IA. The running training will begin in about 10 days as I am on a 21 day leave from running to rest and recover following a long hard training cycle for the USATF National Club Track and Field Championships a couple weeks ago. To which I will be honest, God was minuscule in the realm of my focus, flickering light every now and then but I was most of the time deaf to His knocking at the door, and ignorant to His longing to be involved. I have had that cycle many times in my life, but I pray this time will be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment