"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day 9: The Face of Love...


WEEK TWO – Lifting/Stretching Only

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Workout:                                                                                                                                                                            
WEIGHTS
Squats – 3x10
Deadlifts – 3x10
Calf Raises – 3x10 each leg
Reverse Sit-Ups – 3x10
Super Sets (Squats/Pull Overs) – 3x20
Notes:
                     I was/am admittedly very exhausted, having worked 60 hours in the last 7 days (including four 12 hour shifts, some overnight and some day shifts), it’s a good thing I love what I do! On the drive home this evening I was thinking about napping (which often is a terrible thing for the rest of my evening), but as I listened to the radio a wonderful song came on, by a band that always ignites my fire for serving the Lord! This was all I needed, along with the prompting of my encouraging wife Meghan to get down stairs and get my lifting in right away.
                     I’d like to share the lyrics to the song with you,
“Face of Love” –Sanctus Real:
I've seen your face on stained glass, in colored lights
In pictures of you looking to the sky
You've been portrayed a thousand different ways
But my heart can see you better than my eyes
'Cause it's love that paints the portrait of your life

[Chorus:]
The face of love
The face of love
You look more like love every day

I've read your words in the pages of your life
And I've imagined what you were like
I may not know the shape of your face
But I can feel your heart changing mine
And your love still proves that you're alive

[Chorus:]

You are the face that changed the whole world
No one too lost for you to love
No one too low for you to serve
So give us the grace to change the world
No one too lost for me to love
No one too low for me to serve

Let us see... let us be your face

[Chorus:]
                     My thoughts from this song and my prayers are that we could all be the face of the Lord. In relation to running, that we would use our platform as athletes and show the Lord for not only His power and might through our competitive drive, but for His love and kindness in how we interact with and view our competitors. Maybe it’s easy for some to wish all their competitors the best race (even if that means losing to them), but for me it is at times difficult, especially with certain runners who I may have conflict with. I pray I could witness to these runners and that I could develop a sincere heart wishing them all the best in their journey. If we truly live as the face of God, then there should be no difference in our views of any man or any competitor. True love from God is unhuman, but through the Holy Spirit it is portrayed through us as the vessels and face of God!
                   If you read my blog you probably get that I am a Christian through my words, or if you know me in real life you may see it from time to time; but my prayer is that by the way I train, the way I race, the way I interact with others, God would be seen! Without spoken word, His testimony would shine through, His love would be portrayed! In that I would find much joy and much fulfillment in knowing I am living in a way that truly brings God the glory and He can smile fully on my ways. I am far from this, but am striving toward it. I'm MOVING and that's what God requires, I entrust the fulfillment to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment