"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 19: Weakening the Wall...



WEEK THREE


Friday, July 27, 2012


Workout: CORE/PLYMOETRICS WORKOUT

Planks – 3 x :30 Left/Right/Down
Bird Dogs – 3 x :10 each side
Back Extensions – 3 x :45 hold
Swiss Hip Extensions – 3 x 5 each leg
Dumbbell Walkouts – 3 x :10 out / :10 back
Erect Lateral Bends – 3 x 5 each side (:03 down / :01 up)
Turkish Get-Up – 3 x 5 each arm
Double Leg Hops – 4 x 3 hop for distance

RUN - Easy Miles - 15k in 1:02:13 (6:40/mile pace)
                Started around 7:00 pace and worked down to 6:10 by the end.

Notes:
       I will cut straight to the heart of it today. This week thus far has certainly been a mental challenge with basically building a mental image of this giant wall in front of me hindering me from moving forward with any progress. Today I took a giant hammer and slammed a big crack in the wall. It wasn't a mind blowing run by any means, but it was heart warming and strengthening. All day at work today I had a heavy heart of sorts feeling burdened by the poor attitude; while my words say one thing on the blog my heart-of-the-heart feelings are much different (despite my intentional effort to not think so negatively). Yet in the midst of doubt and frustration God chooses to show His grace to a very undeserving man. I realize there is nothing I can do to deserve God's grace, yet I can also recognize when I am at the opposite end running away from His grace (this is where I have been this week, beating myself down and mentally struggling with what I need to do to make things right). Today I just set our for an easy run and God showed up. I had no intention of running so far today, but I just couldn't let myself stop and step away from the experience. I am so very grateful and so ashamed of my thoughts, I thank God for underserved grace, and I pray I would not push the limits of His grace any longer.
     Reflecting on the up and downs thus far, and Im sure those that lie ahead I can't help but think of the book of Psalm and the words of David. You pick any chapter and one day David may be crying out to God in a voice of brokeness and worship and the next chapter he may be questioning God's presence or lack there of in his perception, yet God always is present and shows His hands in ways that rock David's world. In much the same way I see myself often crying out to God and wondering where He is, neglecting to see His presence in the trials but more than ready to worship Him when He shows His grace to me. As David's poems in the book of Pslam draws to an end it comes down to one powerful poem/prayer of David in Psalm 150, which I'd like to share. I pray this be the heart's cry everyday and not just at the end of trials when God's presence is made known.


"Praise the LORD.
Praise God in His sancutary;
    praise Him for His mighty heavens.
Praise Him for His acts of power;
    praise Him for His surpassing greatness.
Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise Him with the harp and lyre,
    praise Him with the timbrel and dancing,
    praise Him with the strings and pipe,
    praise Him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise Him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.  Praise the Lord."    -Psalm 150:1-6
Find your walls, not just physical hindrances but mental / spiritual / emotional and start pounding on them, God's promise is that if you are willing to hit that wall with all you have, HE IS WILLING THE TEAR IT DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment