"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 22: Character in SetBacks...

WEEK FOUR
Monday, August 6, 2012
Workout:
EASY RUN -7k in 30:41 (7:00/mile pace)

Notes:      Struggled from the onset today, quickly made the decision it would be an easy mileage day instead of the Pennbies Hill workout. Then shortly into the run my right knee started to catch, shooting pain throughout the front and back of my knee as well as in the hip. Labored through 7k but then called it quits. Get two easy days a week right now, so I took one, just wish it wasnt so early in the week.
  Definitely going to take some time to build consistency in this training. Just praying I can see the positives in the all the set backs and hiccups along the way. The knee is nothing serious (at least I don't think so right now) may need some more rest tomorrow to get it right. I pray I can thank God for these trials and delays instead of getting frustrated, for I know God is control and these things work according to His plan.
    May need to rethink my priorities, as I would never wake board during track training but for some reason did during marathon training. I need to put more into the training and all the life changes it requires. Wake boarding may be fun, but opportunities to train and attempt to run an olympic trials qualifier in the marathon will be sparse in comparison to opportunities to wake board later in life.
     Meghan and I are leving Fremont today and headed to Des Moines just after I write this blog, let the truly good times begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment