"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 29: Penbies...and Feeling Great!

WEEK FIVE
Monday, August 13, 2012
Workout:
HILL WORKOUT: 21k Total in 1:14:48 (5:42/mile avg)
      4k Warm Up to the Northwest Country Monster Hills - 17:50
      9 sets of 900m 1:00 walk rec / 600m 1:00 walk recovery / 300m 2:00 walk recovery
               =16.2k total workout (minus the walking recovery) in 53:48 (5:19/mile avg)
      800m Cooldown Jog - 3:10
Notes:
     To use my favorite word...I am STOKED! Came home from a very frustrating 13 hour day at work and headed straight out for training to take on a daunting aerobic hill workout. This is what I've been waiting for and pursing and man I feel so overwhelmed with relief and just pure joy and happiness. It's been a tough couple weeks, but the knee is feeling better and then legs are quickly snapping back into my own, I feel like Forrest Gump shedding his braces and TAKING OFF!
    This is by far the most difficult aerobic workout I've ever completed, and I felt amazing! I just went out cautious and went on feel, I got into a great rhythm on the hills and only focused on the distance splits and not the pace. I'm thrilled to see it being so quick and even while feeling so solid out there. Never had to reach down and really dig to make a split, just simply stuck to my cadence and feel.
    I hope you all can taste a piece of my happiness right now, I always focus on maintaining my joy in the ups and downs of training, and I certainly am all about experiencing and taking in the moments of happiness when they come. Thanks for the support during the lows and join me in taking motivation and happiness from the highs! I can't wait to start stringing workouts together, and then weeks together, and then months and then race day!
     The biggest joy of the day came from heading out without headphones, without a crowd, without anyone seeing me at all as I was so deep into the country to the northwest in solid isolation! Just me and my Father out there, and I was experience what I love to do the most to it's fullest! I was out there for nearly two hours when you factor in the recovery walking during the workout! Thank you Lord! Pray I can maintain, and mostly that I can get up at 5:00am to get to work in the morning :)
     Laslty, now that my knee is on the mend Meghan (my wife) is starting to have issues with hers, please take time and lift her up to be sound in judgement in training with the ailment and that she would also find recovery.
My workout splits looked like this:
         (900m / 600m / 300m):
Set 1 - 3:11 / 2:05 / 1:01
Set 2 - 3:06 / 1:58 / 1:00
Set 3 - 3:03 / 1:57 / :56
Set 4 - 2:58 / 1:57 / :56
Set 5 - 2:59 / 2:05 / :58
Set 6 - 2:58 / 1:55 / :56
Set 7 - 3:00 / 2:00 / 1:01
Set 8 - 2:58 / 1:57 / :57
Set 9 - 2:59 / 1:57 / 1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment