"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 25: Seeking Counsel...

WEEK FOUR
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Workout:
EASY RUN -5k in 19:33 (6:17/mile pace)

Notes:

      Finally had enough and decided to just go out and run and see what happens, the knee actually was ok, it seems to catch more and hurt worse during walking than running; but the hip really felt strange on the run and hurt after. Not sure what I've done but am trying to get through and get things right. I am not ready to give up on this training cycle and race at the dream this fall.
    
 I am thankful for the connections God provides in life. Tonight I am very thankful for Chris Gillespie, the founder of TEAM 413, and an athletic trainer. He touched my life two summers ago at Hospital Hill reaching out to me with encouraing words following a miserable race, I read his book "GraceRunner - Faith on the Run" and my spiritual fire through athletics was stoked at a time when it was desperately needed. Check out the ministry at http://www.team413.org
      Anyway, I reached out to Chris seeking advice on the injury, and being a true man of God he offers his time and expertise to assist someone he hardly knows, something we all could learn a lesson from, the lesson not being to immulate Chris but to reflect Christ in the way Chris obviously strives to.
  I am thankful for connections, and for the advice of wise counsel. Looking at scripture it is wise to seek the counsel of many, not rely on your own knowledge as I like to do but reach out and put your faith in others and humble yourself allowing them to help you. And hopefully on the flipside being able to pay it forward and help others down the road...
"Plans will fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed."  -Proverbs 15:22
 
This is the photo I have sent to Chris to help understand my compliants of pain. The use of technology to get aide from states away. And the strange things runners are comfortable with...

 

1 comment:

  1. Chris has helped me too.. Both encouraging me spiritually and with training advice because of an injury. I'm also grateful for TEAM 413!

    ReplyDelete