"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 26: "Through the Fire"...

WEEK FOUR

Friday, August 10, 2012
Workout:
EASY RUN -18k in  1:13:01 (6:32/mile pace)
        Splits - 6:49/6:42/6:36/6:28/6:36/6:38/6:36/6:30/6:24/6:17/6:11/1:15(0.2mile)

Notes:
     One of those days where I am so appreciative of being a distance runner. Obviously we experienced a beautiful day here in northeast Nebraska, staying in the upper 70's with a cool breeze for the first time since it seems like March or so... As I set out for my run I was hoping to get in 10k and a little more is possible, I got out north of town into the country and just couldn't turn around and head home, I was too absorbed in the moment and joy of being out running.
      The dramatic swings in out look are certainly a part of my training, despite my desire to avoid them. Granted today my knee was still not feeling right nor was the hip (the knee really hurts coming down hill and feels the best working uphills). About 10k into the run after climbing some hills between West Point and Pender I had my attention grabbed by the song playing in my iPod. Yes, I sometimes where an iPod when I go deep into the country which plays an assortment of Christian alternative music, worship music, and some secular music. The particular song that grabbed my attention was "Through the Fire" by Day of Fire.
    First a little background on the band and why I love them (you cen read about them at http://day-of-fire.musikear.com/ ) When I was 14 I got concert tickets to see Creed in Omaha. One of the opening acts was Full Devil Jacket a full blown secular band singing about everything that aspect of the world desires, and I loved their sound. I was at a confusing time in life caught between the desires of popularity and the worlds offerings and still having in the back of my mind that there was a God out there that did not approve of this... Anyway fast forward about 5 years and Im once again in Omaha at a small concert building called The Rock to hear some of my favorite Christian bands including Pillar. An opening act comes to stage, Day of Fire, and immediately I recognize the sound of the band, then after a few great songs the lead singer begins to share his testimony of drugs etc etc and come to find out he was the lead singer for Full Devil Jacket years back...I was captivated and still am by his story and God's work.
    Today this song really caught me as I reflected on his story and was thankful for my story, then the chorus really hit me "Don't be afraid, I'll never leave you; I'm forever yours". Reflecting on the past few days I recognize my fears and doubt in the cycle. The injury really shook me up and if you ask my wife, there have been several times I've mentioned maybe this time around isn't meant to be and I should tank on the training effort. Crazy how a month ago I could be so sure in the path, and one little injury and Im quickly ready to jump off the path... Thankful to recognize the fear and doubt and move past it and continue down the path with a full heart knowing God is there for me through this and will be FOREVER!
      Here's the lyrics to "Through the Fire" by Day of Fire. Check them out, they are a great Christian Rock band and don't waste any lyrics (by that I mean they sing to worship in every lyric and not to please the world one bit).
Walk in the flame again,
I'll be there to hold your hand,
Keeping you safe until the end.
And when the flood begins,
I'll be there with you to stand,
Walking in faith until the end.

(Chorus)
I see you through the flood,
See you through the fire,
See you through the storms a-raging.

Walking the darkest rain
I cover you by my name,
A shelter inside your world of pain
Step on the waters waves


Coming to me by faith
I am the light of better days

(Chorus)

Don't be afraid.
I'll never leave you I am,
Forever yours.

Forever yours,
Forever yours I am.

(Chorus)
 I'm ready to go right back into the flame knowing God has me in His hands, and when the next flood comes or this flood continues He alone will help me stand against it! Thanks for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment