"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 24: Down...

WEEK FOUR


Wednesday, August 8th, 2012


Notes:

Still out from running and not real thrilled about it. Did not even attempt it today as the knee still catching and causing pain throughout the day, figure better to continue to rest it then try to do something and make it worse. I do not think it is anything serious to knock out me out long term though, and absolutely plan to get back at it tomorrow.
As apparent through the blogging and few words, being injured and out of running takes a tole on me BIG TIME! It's more than a physical battle with losing fitness and not gaining fitness like I should be, but it's even more of a mental battle with whether I'll get back to running, and what to do. As well as a mental battle in trying to grab ahold of anything positive to get focused on and not dwell on the bad. I have been blessed to rarely be injured for any long periods of time, but have dealt with numerous small injuries; most times I simply train through until they are fixed, but this being early in marathon training I figure it smarter to rest rather than push and make a small injury a serious injury.
One positive I am clinging too, is that I was dwelling so much on being sore and beat up and thinking it was miserable to be training and not feeling right; now I'd give anything to be going through that instead of sitting out...something to store in the mind to remember when things hurt during training and seem to going poorly - I'd rather be struggling in training rather than be sitting out. But also sitting out I need to be thankful, as there is certainly worse things then where I am now! So I am thankful, but certainly hoping to get back to work soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment