"Exalt the LORD our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the LORD our God is holy." -Psalm 99:9

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Day 21: Live to Dream...

WEEK THREE
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Workout:

LONG RUN - 25k in 1:44:13 (6:42/mile pace)

SHORT AB WORKOUT AFTER LONG DAY

Notes:
     Up at 5am today to head from Fremont to Millard to join some of the Team Nebraska mates at our team president's house to watch the women's Olympic Marathon. Maybe not the results we were hoping for for the USA women but it was inspiring nonetheless to watch the world's top female marathoners lay it on the line in an Olympic Record time!
   After that we headed out for a team long run. Andrew Jacob (my brother-in-law) and I were the lone men out this morning, with our team president (Will Lindgren) keeping us company on the bike. We both had a pretty darn good run. Were hoping to at least get the mileage in and hopefully get close to 7:00 pace (typically I'd run closer to 6:20 pace for a long run in Omaha with the mates, but considering this week and first long run in a long time we were conservative). I, however, did my usual thing and after 6k of fairly easy running I started to pick up the pace not knowing. We both felt good though and just stuck to it. Running the first few miles a little over 7:00 pace and the last 10-12 miles in 6:30ish.
    I entitled today "Living the Dream" because I truly am. It's so great to be able to watch the world's best compete and then go out and run and dream of being there in that position. May never get there, but it's great to know we have the ability and freedom in America to dream! And as children of God we truly are given the freedom to dream beyond the realms of what man deams possible. The key is having peace and joy in what we have, not being jealous or envious of others, allowing yourself to dream of your best while having pure contentment and joy with what you already have been given.
   To cap the afternoon, Meghan and I went boating with my sister, Autumn, and her fiance, Joe. I attempted to wake board for the first time in well over 6 years. I tried about 10-15 times but could not get up in the choppy water with my weak upper body. In reflecting on that, I am so joyful to know how I reacted. In years past I would have been frustrated, embarassed and maybe not wanted to keep trying, make up some excuses, pass the blame etc; but to my delight my reaction was full of laughs and joy. May be the company or may be a change in personality, either way I am so thankful to have experienced that and be able to reflect on it.

   Up in the morning tomorrow for a long workout and then Meghan and I are off to Des Moines! Thanks for keeping up with the journals, I truly do feel God's work in my life through these, and I hope they touch yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment